Wednesday, July 18, 2012

7 Ways to Get Motivated and Achieve Your Goals

If you’re going to achieve your deepest dreams and desires, you must understand how your mind works. When you learn how to tap into the deep reserves of your mind, you turn:
·        probably into possibility
* “I can’t” into “I can” and…
* “can I?” into “how can I?”


Most Important  goal that I want to achieve within the next 3 months:

Here are 7 ways to get motivated and achieve your goals

1. Feel It Already Done.
This works great for a fitness or wellness goal (or any goal). Most people have a hard time going to the gym because they’re so focused on all the pain and inconvenience of a workout – and since we habitually move away from pain – we dread going to the gym.
Instead, try feeling what it would be like if you had already finished your workout. Get those good vibes going. Feel what it would be like if you had already worked out. Feel energetic and alive. As you get into this state, your desire and enthusiasm to workout will inspire you to act.
2. Give Yourself A Reward.
This is very similar to feeling as if it is already done, but with one small difference. If you have a hard time feeling the feelings of having it already done, then the next best thing you can do is give yourself a reward. But don’t just give yourself a reward just for the sake of it – you want to feel the reward.
Feel the reward. Associate strong positive feelings with the end result – your reward. When you feel the reward, you reinforce that goal and your desire with your subconscious. You reinforce that goal to your subconscious when you reinforce the feeling. The stronger and more positive the feelings are, the faster you leap into action.
3. Ask A Buddy.
Recently I had to undergo a major WordPress upgrade on my blog so I asked a buddy to help. I phoned him up and told him about my situation. I explained all the details and asked him if he had a goal or activity that he had been procrastinating with.
It turns out he did. So I offered to partner with him – to do a trade – where he would help me in exchange for my help. The result was beyond amazing. I helped my partner with his marketing needs and put more money in his pocket while he helped me upgrade my blog to the latest version of WordPress – a definite win-win.
4. Work With A Finish Line.
Be clear with your outcome from the very beginning. Set a finish line.
When I worked on my WordPress upgrade, I set a finish line – not a deadline. I always work with a finish line – not a deadline – because I don’t want to be dead when I’m finished. Subtle, but effective.

5. Create Reasons Why You Will Succeed.
The majority of people are so focused on the negative aspects of their goals that they can’t help but talk themselves out of them. The way to gain back control is by gently bringing your attention to the reasons why you can do something – as opposed to the very opposite.
The more often you focus on what you can do – the easier and more natural it becomes for you to go out and start doing it. You must realize that your mind is not in control – you are.
Start managing your mind by creating a list of reasons why you can’t help but achieve your goal. As you begin this process, your confidence and enthusiasm will soar.
6. Have A Bigger Vision.
This is my absolute favorite way of getting motivated. It takes less time commitment on a day-to-day basis, but requires your persistence. This type of sustaining motivation is for much bigger goals.
It’s better fit for the ambitious type who has a much bigger project or goal to accomplish; one that will take you more than a year to complete. If you want sustaining motivation that grows stronger and more compelling each and every day, create a bigger vision. The way to do that is by visualizing your outcome daily for a minimum of 5 minutes
#7.
Create daily action steps, no matter how  big  or  small, make  this a priority
Goal are wishes  with  action steps….
What is  your next  action step?

No comments:

Post a Comment